Call to Enroll in a Course

Gap-fill exercise

Listen to the audio, and fill in all the gaps, then press "Check" to check your answers. Use the "Clue" button to get a free letter if an answer is giving you trouble. You can also click on the "[?]" button to get a clue. Note that you will lose points if you ask for hints or clues!
A: Continuing-Education Office B: Student
Listen to activity

A: Hello, Toronto District School Board, Continuing Education Department. May I help you?

B: Hello. I’d like to in one of your courses.

A: Okay. Do you have the number?

B: Yes, I do. Let me just check the ; I circled the course. It’s a language course, Intermediate. Oh, here it is.

A: We’re offering that course at 9 different schools. Which did you want?

B: I live downtown, so I wanted to attend the class at Central Technical.
It’s on Wednesday nights from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

A: Yes, I see it on my screen. The course code is 28931. Oh, wait a minute. I’m sorry that section is full. Do you have location you’d like to try?

B: Yes, that’d be great. I really to take this course.

A: Hmm, let me check the list. There doesn’t seem to be another location.
The closest I have to downtown is Northern.

B: Can you tell me what ?

A: I have 6 available on Monday night at Northern Secondary School, from 7-9 p.m.

B: Northern?

A: It’s at 851 Mount Pleasant Road. The major there is Eglinton West and Mt. Pleasant. It’s not too far from downtown.

B: Okay, I’d like to . I’ll take the TTC.

A: It’s $126 for a 10-week session.

B: I’d like to apply for the . I’m currently on social assistance.

A: Then the fee is $10. You have to apply in person and show proof of receipt of . It’s fairly easy to do.

B: Okay. Should I fill out the first?

A: Yes. Then come into our Continuing Education Office at Keele and Eglinton with your of receipt of social assistance and your $10 payment and we’ll get you registered.

B: What’s your ?

A: It’s 2 Trethewey Drive. Con-ed is on the third .

B: Okay, thanks.

A: You’re welcome.