Where to get Information about Working in my Profession (CLB8)


Listen to the audio and choose the correct answer for the blank in the sentence.

Finding Information about working in My Profession

Listen to activity

In most cases, you will have to apply to have your qualifications recognized once you are in Canada. You may be asked to:
  • provide documentation of qualifications.
  • take a language test.
  • complete technical exams (with fees).
  • do supervised work.
Getting your credentials assessed is very important and should be something you do before coming to Canada (if possible), or one of the first things you do when you get here. There are assessments for educational purposes and employment purposes. Getting a licence from any of the professional associations in Canada may require a formal evaluation of your past academic credentials.
Some professional associations have internal evaluation services and some others use external evaluation services, such as World Education Services. If you intend to get a licence in your field, consult your specific professional association for information about their evaluation requirements.
Many jobs require your skills and diplomas be assessed and the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) has helpful information. Along with a general description of the job, CICIC has educational requirements, where to get your credentials assessed and much more.